Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cinder Read-Along: 19 Jan



So I've decided to turn a blind eye to the huge pile of homework on my desk and happily ran off to join join the Cinder Read-Along.

Well, I guess I have some pretty good reasons: 

a) It has been on my TBR list since forever. 

b) It's one of the top books I've listed for my 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge (Take a look here for the complete list.)

c) Scarlet is coming out and I really really want to read it. The whole twist on Red Riding Hood falling in love with the Big Bad Wolf (I'm assuming she does) makes me squeal happily. And then, there's all the cyborgs, evil queen, lunar technology and world domination thing... Which are just plain awesome. So I might as well as take the plunge and use this occasion to read Cinder with other excited bloggers, once and for all!

d) I have to join. Or else I might just never get down to reading it...

I will be putting up teasers as I read and updating once in a while when something thrilling happens in the story!

January 19: Chapters 1-7

I have read 7 chapters today, and so far, I like the story.

It's intriguing, it's fast-paced, it draws me in.

The writing isn't the best, but it's enough to pull off such a strange and lovely storyline.

And then, there's Prince Kai, who made his first and only appearance in these few chapters. Here goes a teaser:

She was met with startled copper-brown eyes and black hair that hung past his ears and lips that every girl in the country had admired a thousand times.

Her scowl vanished.

And here's another good one:

Cinder grunted.
"I would marry Prince Kai in a heartbeat."
"Me too," said Iko.
Cinder spit out the flashlight and shuffled to the fourth corner. "You and every other girl in the Commonwealth."
"Like you wouldn't," said Peony.

But, I think that romance is going to take a back seat since there seems to be some inter-galaxy conspiracy brewing.

Really excited for what's coming next!


xoxo,
Sel

2 comments:

  1. Ooh how did I not know about this Cinder read-a-long? Oh well :P
    Cinder is awesome, it was the first book I reviewed on my blog! I definitely need to re-read it before Scarlet comes out, though.
    Keep reading, you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's cool! Cinder must hold some sentimental value for you then ;) Scarlet sounds so good! This read-along sets the pace so that I can read these two books from cover to cover :)

      I'm sure I'll love it :D

      Delete

I love comments, take your time and cruise around. Leave your links! I always comment back :-)

Wishing you lots of good books to come along your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...